A Healthier Wei
You save $5.00 (20%)!
‘It’s almost a miracle how simple it was. It’s been amazing.” Lynn Crist on adopting A Healthier Wei.
Dr. Julie Wei believes that many children suffering from runny noses, allergy symptoms and sore throats are being misdiagnosed and overmedicated. In her book, A Healthier Wei, the Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and surgeon suggests a simpler way – a healthier way – to cure these common complaints and turn a young person’s life around.
Dr. Wei’s Asian roots taught her that “what goes in the mouth goes out in health.” This, combined with extensive, specialized medical training she has helped thousands of children reclaim a healthy lifestyle through diet and what she deems “Milk and Cookie Disease.”
Her recommendations are not one of deprivation, nor advocating the “perfect” diet; rather she uses wisdom from both Eastern and Western medicine to suggest simple and manageable guidelines such as no snacks after 7pm and serving milk at lunch rather than dinner. She does not criticize the Western diet or suggest major changes, rather Dr. Julie advocates that the timing and schedule of eating meals and snacks is often overlooked, yet is just as important as making healthy food choices.
A working mother herself, Dr. Julie understands the challenges that a busy weekly schedule poses, and is realistic about creating a diet and lifestyle that is both achievable and uncomplicated. The book teaches parents how to read food labels, how to choose the right snacks, and includes simple recipes for parents to follow. Her recipes are healthy, quick and easy; and best of all contain only a handful of ingredients.
Inside the Book You’ll Discover:
- An easy way to learn whether your child has a true ENT problem, or has been mis-diagnosed – and what to do about it
- Exactly how ENT symptoms can be avoided through diet and lifestyle – and simple guidelines for implementing manageable changes
- Why dairy and sugar should be completely avoided after 7pm
- Why when you eat is as important as what you eat, and some simple eating patterns to follow
- A primer on the acidity of food and why you should pay attention to it
- Why snot is not the enemy and its role in the body!
- How to keep a food diary for your child, along with a free template to use
- Easy tips on how to read food and nutrition labels, and what to look for
- Quick, easy, and delicious recipes from Dr. Julie’s kitchen
- All about Dr. Julie’s native country Taiwan and the food culture there.
- Discussion openers for conversations you should be having with your doctor